working of ogg demux with gstreamer -1.0

Robert Krakora rob.krakora at messagenetsystems.com
Fri Aug 16 08:40:41 PDT 2013

I agree, but it sounds as though he may not be able to build on his target
embedded system and possibly does not have a "sand box" such as buildroot
on which to perform builds for his target embedded system.  He figures that
since the are of the same processor architecture (x86) that copying the
files will work and it will providing he has all of the other dependencies
they need and this...is opening up a can-of-worms which will cause him much
work and much grief...

On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 11:32 AM, Brendan Long <self at brendanlong.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 11:28 PM, Anitha Susan Varghese <
> anithasusan at tataelxsi.co.in> wrote:
>
>>  I simply copied the the .so files like
>> libgstogg.so,libgsttheora.so,libgstvorbis.so and some other so files like
>> libogg.so,libvorbis.so,libtheora.so etc to the /lib/gstreamer-0.10 folder.
>> I didnt do a make install.
>>

> I suspect just copying those files doesn't work. Why don't you try a 'make
> install'?

Rob Krakora,
Senior Software Engineer

MessageNet Systems
101 E Carmel Dr, Suite 105
Carmel, IN 46032

MessageNetSystems.com<http://www.messagenetcommunicationsystems.com/?utm_source=email+signature&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=email+signature+to+homepage>
Rob.Krakora at MessageNetSystems.com <rob.krakora at messagenetsystems.com>
P: 317.566.1677, 212
F: 317.663.0808

For the latest news, information, and blogs, please be sure to visit,
follow, and like us...

<http://www.messagenetcommunicationsystems.com/get-the-message-out-blog/?utm_source=email+signature&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=gmail+signature+to+blog>
   <http://www.youtube.com/user/MessageNetConnection/feed>
<http://www.linkedin.com/company/messagenet-systems>