create h263, h264 video from rtp pcap

Manfred Ehgartner manfred.ehgartner at gmx.net
Mon Aug 19 05:51:17 PDT 2013

Hello Chuck,
thanks for the links, of course I don't want to bother you. I will take a deeper look into gstreamer to see, if it can fulfill my needs.

Thanks
Manfred
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2013 10:38:44 -0400
From: Chuck Crisler <ccrisler at mutualink.net>
To: Discussion of the development of and with GStreamer
	<gstreamer-devel at lists.freedesktop.org>
Subject: Re: create h263, h264 video from rtp pcap

I am sorry but I am 'under the gun' on a project and really don't have the
time.

You should read at least some of this doc ->
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/manual/html/index.html
It will get you oriented with GStreamer.
You need to enable a bunch of logging to understand what is going wrong.
There is an error message 'not linked'. That is a caps negotiation issue.
You can enable parts of the logging to see what is failing and why. Look at
->
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/manual/html/section-checklist-debug.html

and also ->
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gstreamer/html/gstreamer-GstInfo.html

and ->
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/pwg/html/section-checklist-debug.html

This will help you get started. Post any further questions you have.

Chuck