Is there any proper element that is opposited of funnel?

Brendan Long self at brendanlong.com
Mon Aug 26 09:45:38 PDT 2013

On 08/26/2013 06:44 AM, 이훈희 wrote:
> this is my approach.
>
>                                 / ac3parse    - capsfilter - decoder \
>                                       / fakesink
> demux - multiqueue - ac3parse    - capsfilter - decoder - funnel -
> output-selector - fakesink
>                                 \  ac3parse    - capsfilter - decoder
> /                                      \ fakesink
>                                 \ h264parse  - capsfilter - decoder -
> input-selector - fakesink

What's the goal here? If you only want to play one of the audio streams,
use an input-selector instead of a funnel. If the goal is to mix some or
all of the audio streams, use an adder
<http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gst-plugins-base-plugins/html/gst-plugins-base-plugins-adder.html>
instead of a funnel. If you want each audio stream to do to a different
sink, then don't use the funnel at all, and use output-selectors as needed.

> Actually, I could not find a proper element that is opposited element
> of funnel.
Since funnel preserves stream IDs, you could probably create an element
that creates a pad for each stream it sees, and that would do what you want.