Tee element is corrupting data?

Peter Velky 045hko at gmail.com
Thu Aug 29 05:12:47 PDT 2013

Hello,

I have 2 pipes and I am dynamically adding elements (queue and shout2send)
at the end of these pipes to a tee element. First pipe works OK

   - http://tinyurl.com/WorkingPipe (demonstrating it's possible to do it
   this way)

But the second pipe

   - http://tinyurl.com/NotWorkingPipe

The second pipe with the same code (dynamic adding part) doesn't work.

After adding e.g. bin8 element to the tee while pipe is playing, data is
coming from tee element, but they are corrupted. It looks like tee element
is corrupting data.

So, I recorded whole recording http://tinyurl.com/ojycb7u (bin2) and also
corrupted one (bin8) http://tinyurl.com/pwo2a47

When I set pipe to NULL state and then set to PLAYING, all tees are sending
data OK, but all shout2send are disconnected and listeners are also
disconnected, so this isn't way to go.

I cannot find out why this is happening. Could you please point me on the
right direction?

Here is the part of code that is responsible for dynamic adding to pipeline:

sink = self.__queue.get_pad("sink")
self.sink = gst.GhostPad("sink", sink)
self.add_pad(self.sink)
self.__tee_src = self.__tee.get_request_pad("src%d")
self.__tee_src.link(self.sink)
self.set_state(gst.STATE_PLAYING)
self.__player.pipe.set_state(gst.STATE_PLAYING)

Thanks!