pmt-info callback not getting invoked

Yogesh Tyagi yogesh.bit2006 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 30 05:45:15 PDT 2013

Hi,

Yes, it is a custom plugin. Here is the output of "gst-inspect mdtsdemux"

Factory Details:
  Long name: Transport Stream Demultiplexer
  Class: Demuxer
  Author(s):
  Rank: none (0)

Plugin Details:
  Name: mdplugin
  Filename: /usr/lib/libgstmdplugin.so
  Version: 0.10.22.1
  License: BSD
  Source module: gst-md
  Binary package: GStreamer MD Elements
  Origin URL:

GObject
 +----GstObject
       +----GstElement
             +----MdGstElement
                   +----MdGstDemux

Pad Templates:
  SRC template: 'src_index'
    Availability: Sometimes
    Capabilities:
      application/x-md-index

  SRC template: 'src_spts'
    Availability: Sometimes
    Capabilities:
      video/mpegts
            mpegversion: 2
           systemstream: true
             packetsize: [ 188, 192 ]

  SRC template: 'src_aud'
    Availability: Sometimes
    Capabilities:
      audio/mpeg
            mpegversion: { 1, 2, 4 }
      audio/x-lpcm
                  width: { 16, 20, 24 }
                   rate: { 48000, 96000 }
               channels: [ 1, 8 ]
          dynamic_range: [ 0, 255 ]
               emphasis: { false, true }
                   mute: { false, true }
      audio/x-ac3
      audio/x-eac3
      audio/x-dts
      audio/x-private-ts-lpcm

  SRC template: 'src_vid'
    Availability: Sometimes
    Capabilities:
      video/mpeg
            mpegversion: { 1, 2, 4 }
           systemstream: false
      video/x-h264
      video/x-wmv
             wmvversion: 3
                 format: WVC1

  SINK template: 'sink'
    Availability: Always
    Capabilities:
      video/mpeg
            mpegversion: 2
           systemstream: true
      video/mpegts
            mpegversion: 2
           systemstream: true
             packetsize: [ 188, 192 ]

Element Flags:
  no flags set

Element Implementation:
  Has change_state() function: md_demux_change_state

Element has no clocking capabilities.
Element has no indexing capabilities.
Element has no URI handling capabilities.

Pads:
  SINK: 'sink'
    Implementation:
      Has chainfunc(): md_gst_element_sink_chain
      Has custom eventfunc(): md_gst_element_sink_event
      Has custom queryfunc(): gst_pad_query_default
      Has custom iterintlinkfunc(): gst_pad_iterate_internal_links_default
      Has setcapsfunc(): md_gst_demux_sinkpad_setcaps
      Has acceptcapsfunc(): gst_pad_acceptcaps_default
    Pad Template: 'sink'

Element Properties:
  name                : The name of the object
                        flags: readable, writable
                        String. Default: null Current: "mdgstdemux0"
  use-buffering       : Permits join multiple buffers to feed 32kb buffers
to device
                        flags: readable, writable
                        Boolean. Default: true Current: true
  stream-time-offset  : Specifies an offset in ns to apply on clock
synchronization.
                        flags: readable, writable
                        Unsigned Integer64. Range: 0 - 18446744073709551615
Default: 0 Current: 0
  pids                : The comma-separated list of PIDs to be demuxed.
 Value may be base-10, or in 0xABC hex format.
                        flags: writable
                        String. Default: "-1"  Write only
  program             : The program number to demux.  If set along with
'pids', or auto=true, this will give the demux a hint as to which PMT to
process.  Without pids, or auto=true, this will trigger conversion from
MPTS to SPTS.  Value may be base-10, or in 0xABC hex format.
                        flags: writable
                        String. Default: "-1"  Write only
  auto                : If true, demux will automatically play the default
Video and Audio streams
                        flags: writable
                        Boolean. Default: true  Write only
  pmt-info            : GObject with properties containing information from
the TS PMT about the currently selected program and its streams

                 flags:   Object of type "MDTsPmtInfo"

Element Signals:
  "pad-added" :  void user_function (GstElement* object,
                                     GstPad* arg0,
                                     gpointer user_data);
  "pad-removed" :  void user_function (GstElement* object,
                                       GstPad* arg0,
                                       gpointer user_data);
  "no-more-pads" :  void user_function (GstElement* object,
                                        gpointer user_data);

(gst-inspect-0.10:3870): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: invalid unclassed pointer
in cast to `GstPad'

(gst-inspect-0.10:3870): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_element_remove_pad:
assertion `GST_IS_PAD (pad)' failed

Thanks,
Yogesh