videomixer2, videobox Caps not compatible with other pads' caps

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at collabora.com
Sun Dec 1 07:23:28 PST 2013

Le samedi 30 novembre 2013 à 23:03 -0800, art vanderhoff a écrit :
> I am having some trouble figuring out why changing a videobox size
> causes
> Caps not compatible with other pads' caps
>
> if I run this pipeline and make adjustments to videobox, it works as
> expected, being able to position the videobox at x/y.

We don't give much support on GStreamer 0.10 anymore. Though using
GStreamer 1.2 you no longer need videobox. Here's a non-tested example:

gst-launch-1.0 uridecodebin uri=file:///myfile ! videoconvert ! videoscale ! video/x-raw,width=200,height=200 ! m.sink0 \
               uridecodebin uri=file:///mysecondfile ! videoconvert ! videoscale ! video/x-raw,width=640,height=352 ! m.sink1 \
               videomixer name=m sink_0::zorder=1 sink_1::zorder=0 sink_0::xpos=220 sink_0::ypos=76 ! videoconvert ! autovideosink

cheers,
Nicolas