Pause-Resume with Speex RTP Source

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Mon Dec 2 00:14:25 PST 2013

On So, 2013-12-01 at 14:53 -0800, Scott Kidder wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 1, 2013 at 10:37 AM, Scott Kidder <kidder.scott at gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > This worked when using raw PCM audio, but does not work with the Speex
> > codec.  Are there any suggestions for how to change the pipeline and/or
> > application?
> >

> There's nothing like responding to your own question 4 hours later...  I
> resolved this by adding the 'gstrtpjitterbuffer' plugin to the pipeline.
>  That did the trick.  Here are the client & server settings I used:
> [...]

Also take a look at the sample scripts in
gst-plugins-good/tests/examples/rtp. These use rtpbin to handle all the
more complicated RTP specifics, and also have RTCP support.

You should also consider upgrading to the 1.x versions of GStreamer, you
can get 1.2.1 binaries for iOS here for example:
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/pkg/ios/1.2.1/

And the tutorials are available ported here:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~slomo/gst-sdk-tutorials/

--
Sebastian Dröge <sebastian at centricular.com>
Centricular Ltd - http://www.centricular.com