Memory Leaks while dynamically removing demuxer from pipeline

lokesh_sharma lokeshkumar.222 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 2 04:16:49 PST 2013

Hi,
   For one of my test scenario, I am removing and adding my demuxer element
in a loop to my pipeline. But each time I remove the demux element from
pipeline, it's finalize method is not getting called which causes demux
element to not remove it's sinkpad. I have one event linked to sinkpad of
demux element which is not getting free as a result of this.

I use "gst_bin_remove()" api to remove my demuxer.

I debugged this issue and found that refcount of my demuxer after removing
it with gst_bin_remove call,comes out to be "6". If I remove and add my
vidsink too along with demuxer, demux's refcount decreases to 4 but still
it's finalize is not called.

can anyone tell me what could be the reason for this behavior.

Regards,
Lokesh