two issues when recording sound

Osmo Antero osmoma at gmail.com
Mon Dec 2 10:02:28 PST 2013

>But there seem not to be any Python bindings for the 1.x version in Fedora.
Python bindings are provided by the GIR (GObject Introspection) mechanism.
The same c-library can be called by any language (Python, Javascript, etc.)
that supports GI.
https://developer.gnome.org/gi/stable/

Take a look at these examples
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~jderose/+junk/gst-examples/view/head:/video-player-1.0

I think Fedora packages GI differently from Debian/Ubuntu. Have you
installed "gir-repository" package?

Só os meus 5 centimos (as they say).
Osmo Antero

On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 4:18 PM, Pablo Rodriguez <oinos at gmx.es> wrote:

> On 12/02/2013 09:05 AM, Sebastian Dröge wrote:
> > On So, 2013-12-01 at 19:33 +0100, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
> >> Hi there,
> >> [...]
> >> When I start the script, I always get the following error:
> >>
> >>     ** Message: pygobject_register_sinkfunc is deprecated (GstObject)
> >>
> >> How could I fix this?
> >
> > You can't, but that's not a problem. It just warns you that
> > gstreamer-python uses old pygobject API.
>
> Many thanks for your reply, Sebastian.
>
> > If you use a 1.x version of gstreamer-python you won't see this anymore,
> > and also should really consider updating to that because 0.10.x is
> > unmaintained and unsupported since quite some time.
>
> Well, I have just checked that gstreamer-1.x is offered in Fedora as
> gstreamer1 package.
>
> But there seem not to be any Python bindings for the 1.x version in Fedora.
>
> >> [...]
> >> How should I integrate the self.caps line, so that I have an output
> >> files with these features?
> >
> > You'll create a capsfilter element and link it between alsasrc and
> > wavenc. capsfilter has the "caps" property, on which you can set the
> > caps you create there in the commented out line.
>
> Many thanks for your explanation. Now I understand what I was missing.
>
> Many thanks for your help,
>

> Pablo
> --
> http://www.ousia.tk