some puzzles about appsrc

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Tue Dec 3 02:59:49 PST 2013

On So, 2013-12-01 at 07:25 -0800, Ugly Face wrote:
> Yes, you see. I have a "qtdemux". The output of "mediarecorder" is an mp4
> file. I need to transmit it over rtp with no delay. As I am a new bee to
> gstreamer. I tried filesrc first (with mp4 file that has been already
> recorded ), and then I want to get appsrc to do the work filesrc does. (As
> the filesrc would induce delay)I have no idea whether this is reasonable.
> In a word, My goal is to transmit mp4 video recorded by android device. The
> output of recorder is placed in a byte buffer. I try to push these data to
> pipeline.

That sounds feasible, yes. However streaming MP4 is generally not
supported unless it's fragmented MP4. You'll have some problems with
that and it will also involve some delay.

Is this really a MP4 container and not just raw h264? Can you somehow
output raw h264 or everything a container that is better for streaming
(e.g. mpegts)?

--
Sebastian Dröge <sebastian at centricular.com>
Centricular Ltd - http://www.centricular.com