proper audio video Interleave for mpegtsmux

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Tue Dec 3 03:01:16 PST 2013

On Mo, 2013-12-02 at 09:10 +0100, Michal Lazo wrote:
> I think that interleaving is proper term. for muxing for example
> audio/video in right order
> I don't have problem if I play ts files muxed with mpegtsmux
> but it took so much time since first video picture come out If I play it
> web server with slow connection.
> I don't have any audio/video sync problem.
>
> But I still don't understand what exactly do proper interleaving for mux-s
> elements As I didn't found any code in tsmuxe.
>

> I will need to look around for some transport stream analyser

Currently the muxing inside the MPEG TS muxer is not standards
compliant, especially regarding CBR streams.

The synchronization code is in collectpads, and basically what the muxer
does now is to always take the earliest buffer of all streams and then
mux that.

--
Sebastian Dröge <sebastian at centricular.com>
Centricular Ltd - http://www.centricular.com