Problem with videorate

Frédéric Sallé salle.frederic at gmail.com
Tue Dec 3 05:12:42 PST 2013

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your quick feedback.

With fakesink I see that the buffer timestamp are correct but the when
sent over UDP there is still an issue.

It means that videorate do _NOT proactivaly_ inserts duplicated frame at
the specified rate, it inserts duplicated frames with _timestamp IN THE
PAST_ when it receive a new frame.

Very likely it 'works as coded' but it's counter intuitive ... :-)

On top of that this create a _major issue _when you try to mix that that
stream with a _real time_ one as the pipeline create lag 'by design' ...

Is there a way to workaround that behaviour and to have a plugin that
actually insert new duplicated frames at the specified rate ?

Thanks,
Frédéric