Set Media role property in GSTREAMER..

sathish sathish1000 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 3 03:46:40 PST 2013

Hello,

  I got this piece of code from PULSESINK.C..

  /**
   *
   * Below is an example for registering as a music application to
pulseaudio.
   * |[
   * GstStructure *props;
   *
   * props = gst_structure_from_string ("props,media.role=music", NULL);
   * g_object_set (pulse, "stream-properties", props, NULL);
   * gst_structure_free
   * ]|
   */

 It is supposed to set the media role proper to MUSIC.

 I used it in a gstreamer media player application (Basic tutorial 5) -- .
But still the media role property is not set..

This is the link to player I used..
http://docs.gstreamer.com/display/GstSDK/Basic+tutorial+5%3A+GUI+toolkit+integration..

Can you help me with saying whether it is the correct set of instructions to
set the stream properties.

Thanks,
Sathish