Porting the hlsdemux work in issue 698155 to 1.x

Duncan Palmer dpalmer at digisoft.tv
Thu Dec 5 09:13:01 PST 2013

I've been delving into this some more, and looking at a couple of
alternatives to porting the fluendo work to 1.x;
- Merging the changes which add support for i-frame playlists and
trick play. This looks quite do-able.
- Removing the internal bins, and hence support for alternative
renditions, from the fluendo element, and porting the result to 1.x.
This looks like quite a bad idea...

Support for i-frame playlists would require the byterange changes you
have in your branch Arnaud. Are you hoping to get these in? I see you
have a bug raised on your GstFragment improvements.

It looks like Fluendo's version of hlsdemux has a lot of fixes and
improvements related to streaming. I worry whether the 1.x element is
seeing a lot of use? there have been some nasty bugs there recently
which have taken some time to be noticed. But the addition of i-frame
playlists to 1.x would do me for now...