[RFC] autoparse element

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Thu Dec 5 13:23:34 PST 2013

On Do, 2013-12-05 at 23:14 +0200, Andrey Utkin wrote:
> I think i need such element, which allows to pass streams uniformly
> (codec-independently) from demuxer to muxer, to provide easy remuxing.
> For example:
>
> udpsrc ! tsdemux name=demux
> mpegtsmux name=mux ! udpsink
> demux.video_0100 ! autoparse ! .mux
> demux.audio_0101 ! autoparse ! .mux
> demux.audio_0102 ! autoparse ! .mux
>
> I think it should be GstBin subclass, and contain one of existing
> parsers, chosen by incoming buf (or pad?) format. The choise probably
> will be a large if-elseif-elseif... block.
>
> Is the proposed plan valid? Any comments?
> Thanks in advance.

The idea for such an element sounds good, but the implementation should
not have hardcoded formats but instead do autoplugging like decodebin.
You would use the GstElementFactory API to find appropiate parsers for
the caps you get.

--
Sebastian Dröge <sebastian at centricular.com>
Centricular Ltd - http://www.centricular.com