issues in typefind with HTTP

satish kumar satishnitk2000 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 7 01:07:26 PST 2013

hi,

I am facing some issues with http streaming case, for some streams, I have
observed that sometimes only audio is heard, video is not shown.  sometimes
both video and audio are seen well. This I have seen for mpg/mpeg files.

I am using 0.10.36 version and using playbin2 for the application.

On analysis, i have found that the issue comes from typefind elements.

for only audio case, some data is used for analysis, then it detects
audio/mpeg format  which further creates audio only pipeline. (data size
greater than 2kb but less than video case below).

for the cases of audio/video, httpsrc gives in first iteration some data to
typefind which is less that 2kb( min limit in typefind) then it asks for
more data, then in next iteration gives more data which is sufficient to
detect the video format (video/mpeg) then both audio/video pipelines are
created.( good case).

Has anybody faced such issue?

Shouldn't we wait  either for max probability(100 %) or greatest
probability found for the maximum data size set in typefind/eos ( if file
is smaller in size) before declaring typefind results?

should I go for bug filing for it?

BR/satish