"Got data flow before segment event" after unpausing

Andrey Utkin andrey.krieger.utkin at gmail.com
Mon Dec 9 02:03:21 PST 2013

2013/12/9 Nicolas Dufresne <nicolas.dufresne at collabora.com>:
> This is not our definition of git master. Git master refer to the latest
> development branch, which would be numbered around 1.3.X at the moment.
> I would strongly recommend to update toward stable release, which is
> 1.2.1. The 1.2 branch is a stable branch that only receive non-intrusive
> bug-fixes. It is safe and highly recommended to always stay up-to-date
> since these released may include security fixes. Finally, I am fairly
> confident that we fixed the big majority of these events miss-ordering
> in 1.2.

I have realized that i had it installed quite a time ago, and have
updated everything.
I have gstreamer from
git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/gstreamer/gstreamer, and i don't see
neither tags nor branches 1.3.anything. git describe shows
1.2.0-107-g9a62f00
Could you please explain which "latest development branch" do you
mean? As far as i know from practice the "latest development branch"
is always _master_. git describe uses latest matching tag. And at my
local repo clone i don't see 1.3.x tags. Is that a problem or
everything is correct?
I see that latest gstreamer tag is 1.2.1, but git describe said 1.2.0
matches. From looking at git logs, i guess 1.2.1 tag was created in a
strange way and its commit is not included in master branch, but
latest development commits are at master branch, not 1.2 (which seem
to take fixes only, which makes sense), and there's no 1.3 git branch.

plugins-base 1.2.0-106-gd273d0c
plugins-good 1.2.0-152-gfdf8ac4
plugins-bad 1.2.0-197-gffeb719

And i still have same output with my test app:

 $ ./gstreamer_test "audiotestsrc ! vorbisenc ! oggmux ! fakesink"
Now playing: audiotestsrc ! vorbisenc ! oggmux ! fakesink
Sending FLUSH-START event to pipelineGoing PAUSED
Sending FLUSH-STOP event to pipelineGoing PLAYING

(gstreamer_test:7658): GStreamer-WARNING **:
gstpad.c:3931:gst_pad_push_data:<oggmux0:src> Got data flow before
segment event

(gstreamer_test:7658): GStreamer-WARNING **:
gstpad.c:3697:gst_pad_chain_data_unchecked:<fakesink0:sink> Got data
flow before segment event
Going NULL
Deleting pipeline

--