Queue2 and RTP

Tim Müller tim at centricular.com
Mon Dec 9 02:49:47 PST 2013

On Mon, 2013-12-09 at 07:27 +0000, Daniel DEDISSE wrote:

Hi Daniel,

> I want to create a pipeline of a RTP receiving stream with a ring buffer. Be able to seek and replay in the ring buffer.
> I've modified the queue2 element to do that. It's working with a UDPSRC (mpegts stream) source but not with RTP.

So you basically want some kind of timeshifting element for RTP?

The problem with queue2 is that the ringbuffer functionality doesn't
maintain the packetisation of the RTP UDP packets, and this
packetisation is pretty essential. The ringbuffer in queue2 was written
with other goals in mind.

I would recommend you write a new element for your purposes.

 Cheers
  -Tim