Bandwidth-Efficient Mode for AMR/AMR-WB

Samer Al Hakim samer.alhakim at keynote-sigos.com
Wed Dec 11 07:12:03 PST 2013

Hello to all members,

Using GStreamer, I would like to create two RTP ends that that are capable of sending and receiving RTP audio streams in AMR/AMR-WB codecs. I already checked and tested the available GStreamer elements (rtpamrpay and rtpamrdepay). They seem fine but I was surprised to find out these elements only support the AMR/AMR-WB codecs in octet-align mode. But for my application I definitely need the mentioned codecs in bandwidth-efficient mode.

The differences between these 2 modes can be found in the respective RFC 3267:

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3267.txt

I was wondering if there are other GStreamer elements that support the bandwidth-efficient mode? Or perhaps someone has already some examples or prototype elements?

Thanks & regards,
Samer Al Hakim

--
Keynote SIGOS GmbH
- TESTING IS OUR COMPETENCE -

Klingenhofstrasse 50d
D-90411 Nuernberg
Fon +49 911 95168-0
www.keynote-sigos.com<http://www.keynote-sigos.com>

Follow us on: linked.in<http://www.linkedin.com/company/keynote-sigos-gmbh> | xing.com<https://www.xing.com/companies/KEYNOTESIGOSGMBH> | twitter.com<http://twitter.com/keynoteSIGOS> | facebook.com<http://www.facebook.com/keynote.SIGOS>

HRB 9323 Nuernberg
Gerichtsstand: Nuernberg
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Adil Kaya, Jennifer Tejada, Curtis Smith