MpegTS over UDP

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Fri Dec 13 09:06:11 PST 2013

On Fr, 2013-12-13 at 05:32 -0800, Luc wrote:
> Soeren wrote
> > Hi Luc,
> >
> > have you tried the following?
> >
> >> gst-launch-0.10 playbin2 flags=0x163 video-sink=nv_gl_eglimagesink
> >> audio-sink="alsasink device=hw:0,0"
> >
> > or try using GST_DEBUG_DUMP_DOT_DIR (see
> > http://docs.gstreamer.com/display/GstSDK/Basic+tutorial+11%3A+Debugging+tools)
> >
> >> GST_DEBUG_DUMP_DOT_DIR=. gst-launch-0.10 ....
> >> dot -t svg -O
> > <filename>
> > .dot && eog
> > <filename>
> > .dot.svg
>
> So in local I have to write :
>
> GST_DEBUG_DUMP_DOT_DIR=. gst-launch-0.10 file:///home/root/Pentatonix.mp4 !
> qtdemux name=demux demux.video_00 ! nv_omx_h264dec ! nv_gl_eglimagesink
> demux.audio_00 ! nv_omx_aacdec ! alsasink device=hw:0,0 dot -t svg -O
> myfirstdebugfile.dot && eog myseconddebugfile.dot.svg
>
> that is right ?
>
> I'm sorry I dont understand the gst syntax, thanks for your help.

No, you do:
GST_DEBUG_DUMP_DOT_DIR=. gst-launch-0.10 file:///home/root/Pentatonix.mp4 ! qtdemux name=demux demux.video_00 ! nv_omx_h264dec ! nv_gl_eglimagesink demux.audio_00 ! nv_omx_aacdec ! alsasink device=hw:0,0
dot -t svg -O whatever.svg something.dot

And then you can look at the generated whatever.svg. Check which files
are created there by gst-launch, it creates one for all state changes
and for all errors. And of course you replace the pipeline with the one
that fails for you, you said that local file playback worked and only
streamed MPEGTS over UDP fails?

Also you can get debug logs of GStreamer if you set the GST_DEBUG
environment variable to e.g. 6. That should help to trace what exactly
is happening there.

And your initial mail misses lots of information. How exactly does your
pipeline for the MPEGTS streaming look like? What are the errors you
get? What platform are you running on (some NVidia hardware apparently,
but which and which OS?)?

As the decoder and video sink elements are custom NVidia elements you
might also need to get some support from them, depending on where
exactly the errors come from and what is going wrong at all.

Expertise, Straight from the Source