getting gstreamer 1.0 to work with decklinksink

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Mon Dec 16 01:47:25 PST 2013

On So, 2013-12-15 at 18:32 -0500, Mitchell Foley wrote:
> Hello, I'm having problems getting gstreamer 1.0 to output anything to
> decklinksink. I'd like to use 1.0 because I need to use the
> device-number option as I have multiple cards.
>

> This works fine:
>

> gst-launch-0.10 videotestsrc ! decklinksink
>

> But when I switch to 1.0, it fails with this:
>
> [...]
> (gst-launch-1.0:18827): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_object_unref: assertion 'object != NULL' failed
> WARNING: erroneous pipeline: could not link videotestsrc0 to
> decklinksink0
>
> Any suggestions?

Which version of 1.0 are you using? Best try with 1.2.0 or later, there
were some fixes that made it work (at least for some people).

If you still have these problems with that version, try setting
G_DEBUG=fatal_warnings in the environment and get a backtrace of those
criticals/warnings with a debugger.

Expertise, Straight from the Source