Color is not matching and alpha problem.

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Wed Dec 18 08:34:47 PST 2013

On Mi, 2013-12-18 at 20:02 +0530, Ramesh Adapa wrote:
> Dear Sebastian,
>

> Sorry for late reply, my pipeline looks like this
> filesrc location=/somefile.txt ! reader ! decoder ! ffmpegcolorspace !
> ximagesink
>
> reader and decoder are my plugins reader process the data from
> previous file sends a structure to decoder.
>
> decoder reads the data from structure and write it on PangoLayout
> paint this on cairo_surface which has all 0's ARGB32 background, then
> I take the surface into unsigned char* and copy this to buffer data
> and by using the caps that you sent I pushed this buffer to
> ffmpegcolorspace. All text color, layout bg color is looking fine and
> If I remove the alpha to surface background then color shows properly,
> if I use alpha it shows black.

Difficult to say what the problem there is without a way to reproduce it
locally. Can you provide a testcase that can reproduce it?

Also it would be useful if you could try with GStreamer 1.x as many bugs
were fixed since 0.10, and 0.10 is no longer maintained since a long
time.

Expertise, Straight from the Source