g_signal_connect “pad-added” doesn't work gstreamer 1.2.1

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Fri Dec 20 02:02:13 PST 2013

On Do, 2013-12-19 at 11:47 -0800, ftvfev wrote:
> I am trying learning how to use dynamic pads in gstreamer. So I tried to add
> pad-added signal so I can get a message once an element is created. However,
> I didn't get any message.

Works here for me. Can you get a debug log of your application?

>   /* Check the new pad's type */
>  // new_pad_caps = gst_pad_get_caps (new_pad);
>   new_pad_struct = gst_caps_get_structure (new_pad_caps, 0);

This code here won't work and throw warnings. Check this repository here
for the tutorials ported to 1.x:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~slomo/gst-sdk-tutorials/

(Hint: call gst_pad_query_caps(new_pad, NULL) there)

Expertise, Straight from the Source