bi-directional Connection establishment request

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Fri Dec 20 05:28:37 PST 2013

On Fr, 2013-12-20 at 12:39 +0100, fereydoon vahidi wrote:
> i have the following two pipelines, each of which , is supposed to play the
> role of sender and receiver, on two different machines with two different
> IPs, to facilitate a bi-directional speech over a Wi-Fi network.
>
> *RECEIVER:*
> gst-launch-1.0 udpsrc port=5000 ! "application/x-rtp,media=(string)audio,
> clock-rate=(int)44100, encoding-name=(string)L16, channels=(int)2,
> payload=(int)96" ! rtpL16depay ! audioconvert ! alsasink
>
> *SENDER:*
> gst-launch-1.0 -v  alsasrc ! audioconvert !
> audio/x-raw,channels=2,depth=16,width=16,rate=44100 ! rtpL16pay ! udpsink
> host=192.168.1.123 port=5000
>
> This works if i execute both pipes on both machines manually( considering
> the correct IP address).
>
> But in my scenario one of the machines is just hanging out and doing
> nothing(machine A) . And the other machine( machine B) would be trying to
> call machine A ( granted both machine IPs are known to one another).
>
> Would it be doable in Gstrreamer to notify machine A that machine B is
> trying to call it ( establish a UDP socket connection) having a known IP?

There's no such signalling mechanism implemented in GStreamer and this
is usually done in a different layer of the application and communicated
via a different network protocol.

What you could do however is to just listen on the receiver all the
time, but that's probably not what you want here.

Expertise, Straight from the Source