passing custom meta data though 3rd party transforms

Miki Grof-Tisza mgroftisza at echo360.com
Sat Dec 21 11:04:43 PST 2013

Sebastian,

Thank you for your advice.  I now have my meta data passing through the transform elements, without having to touch the 3rd party code, or subclass the element.

The trick in case someone's trying to do it, is not to specify any tags when registering he meta data api, and not set the GST_META_FLAG_POOLED flag on the meta data instance.  This the will call the meta data's transform_func as needed.

In addition to the above changes, I had an ugly bug in my buffer pool, where the buffers had multiple instances of GstVideoMeta added to it.  The side effects started showing up when I removed the GST_META_FLAG_POOLED flag from my custom meta data.

Either way, I'm up and running now, thank you again!

Regards,
-Miki Grof-Tisza
Echo360, Inc.