Gap between audio and video using multipartdemux

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Mon Dec 23 03:53:38 PST 2013

On Mo, 2013-12-23 at 02:21 -0800, Alexander Ushakov wrote:
> Thank you for the answer.
>
> Video and audio streams form camera are perfectly synchronized - I can see
> it in the camera admin panel where they are decoded using proprietary Sony
> ActiveX component.
>
> Idea about using streamsynchronizer element is interesting. I'll try it and
> write about results.

streamsynchronizer is unlikely to help here, it only helps with multiple
stream groups (e.g. multiple separate files played one after another).

For your problem, it can be caused by your leaky queues. Don't do that,
you'll otherwise drop data if the queues run full, which might confuse
the timestamp tracking as you do it on the encoded, untimestamped data.
Instead it would be good to find the cause for the queues running full
and blocking the pipeline. This indeed sounds like the audio and video
stream run in slightly different rates or there are rounding errors that
accumulate inside GStreamer. To debug this it would be good if you could
track the timestamps on both streams.

Expertise, Straight from the Source