Error while recording stream coming from IP Camera

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Mon Dec 23 04:10:41 PST 2013

On So, 2013-12-22 at 22:10 -0800, shilpac wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Set up details:
>
> Receiving stream from IP Camera and Recording on sdcard.
>
> Command Used
>
> gst-launch-0.10 rtspsrc location=XYZ drop-on-latency=true latency=0 !
> rtph264depay ! filesink location=XYZ
>
> After receiving data around 345MB GStreamer throws the below error.
>
> ERROR: from element
> /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstRTSPSrc:rtspsrc0/GstUDPSrc:udpsrc0: Could not read
> from resource.
> Additional debug info:
> /gst-plugins-good/0.10.31-r8/gst-plugins-good-0.10.31/gst/udp/gstudpsrc.c(608):
> gst_udpsrc_create ():
> /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstRTSPSrc:rtspsrc0/GstUDPSrc:udpsrc0:
> receive error -1: Invalid argument (22)
> Execution ended after 1015263246334 ns.
> Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
> Setting pipeline to READY ...
> Setting pipeline to NULL ...
> Freeing pipeline ...
>
> Request you to help me what causes this error and to solve the issue.

This means that recvfrom() in udpsrc failed for whatever reason because
of an invalid argument after some time. From the code I think this can
only happen if there are generic memory corruptions elsewhere already or
if something's wrong with your network stack.

Could you try to reproduce this with a 1.x version of GStreamer? The
network elements were completely rewritten and improved there and 0.10
is no longer maintained anyway.

If it still happens with 1.x, what's the exact error you get there and
could you get debug logs?

Expertise, Straight from the Source