playbin2 using appsrc

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Mon Dec 23 04:18:31 PST 2013

On Fr, 2013-12-20 at 13:52 -0800, James wrote:
> I was wondering if someone can help me figure out what I am missing in my
> code below.
> Basically I am trying to use appsrc to push MPEG2TS stream over to playbin2.
> I found a gstreamer tutorial on this and followed the exact same logic.
> In the tutorial, appsrc is configured to push audio/x-raw-int data to
> manually configured pipeline(e.g. tee -> queue -> audioconverter, etc).
> My code does run without any error but nothing happens; push_data function
> is not triggered.
> I have been suspicious about my not setting the caps of appsrc.
> So far I have tried video/mpegts, video/mpeg,
> "video/mpegts,systemstream=true,packet-size=188" with no success.
> Here is my code:
> [...]

Nothing looks wrong in the code from a first look. Setting caps is not
required in your case, playbin will detect the correct caps for you
already (which it can't in the raw audio case).

Do you get any errors messages or anything printed on the terminal? Also
check the debug logs about why this never requests any data (are the
need-data and enough-data callbacks ever called? is the source-setup
callback ever called?).

And last but not least, which version of GStreamer 0.10 are you using?
The source-setup signal was added rather late in 0.10. And also you
should if somehow possible upgrade to GStreamer 1.x as 0.10 is no longer
maintained.

Expertise, Straight from the Source