Internal data flow error, h264 and rtspserver with Gstreamer-1.2

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Mon Dec 23 04:26:46 PST 2013

On Fr, 2013-12-20 at 07:21 -0800, Weavel wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm trying to build an rtsp pipeline with h264 codecs on Gstreamer-1.2, but
> i'm meeting some problems. I made a rtspserver (in here
> http://pastebin.com/VdS5thTM which you have to pass pipeline in argument).
>
> I have Gstreamer-1.2 (and all plugins necessary good, bad, ugly, base,
> rtsp-server...) working under linux debian 3.4.2
>
> Compilation : gcc rtspserver.c -o daemon `pkg-config --cflags --libs
> gstreamer-1.0 gstreamer-rtsp-server-1.0`
>
> When i launch the command GST_DEBUG=4 ./daemon videotestsrc ! videoconvert !
> videorate ! videoscale ! x264enc ! h264parse ! rtph264pay name=pay0 pt=96
> config-interval=0
>
> And launch on the client side gst-play-1.0 rtsp://10.1.100.100:8554/test or
> vlc rtsp://10.1.100.100:8554/test
>
> I have this delog on server http://pastebin.com/fgpTWvF0
> And this delog on client http://pastebin.com/N46sU2Nq
>
> I got Internal data flow error due to the unlinking element, but it does
> link all of them in the debug log, so i don't know the causes.

The problem here is how you pass the pipeline string to the application.
argv[1] is only the string "videotestsrc" here, and because of that the
server is trying to just run with videotestsrc as pipeline which is
never linked to anything.

Try putting quotes around the pipeline string, and also you probably
have to put them all into a bin by putting parenthesis around them. See
the examples/test-launch.c code in gst-rtsp-server, it prints an example
commandline if you call it without parameters.

Expertise, Straight from the Source