gst-inspect-1.0 command not showing the updated plugin details

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Mon Dec 23 06:01:18 PST 2013

On Mo, 2013-12-23 at 05:46 -0800, vindi503 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > Then check the debug logs, they will tell you why it fails to load. Is
>
> How to check the debug logs ?

Check the documentation, basically you set the GST_DEBUG environment
variable to the categories and levels you want to enable. Simplest case
GST_DEBUG=6

> > your gst-inspect-1.0 the one from 1.2.1 or an older version?
>
> Yes, gst-inspect-1.0 is an older version. I thought It would be same.
> How do I upgrade gst-inspect to 1.2.1 ?

Same way you update all of GStreamer. You need the GStreamer libraries
for 1.2.1 if you want to use plugins that need 1.2.1. The problem here
is that some elements from the coreelements plugin use API that was
added with 1.2.0.

Expertise, Straight from the Source