Prioritize hardware decoder for playbin2

Plox finn-plotz at web.de
Mon Dec 23 10:33:01 PST 2013

Hello,

I have a problem similar to yours and would greatly appreciate your help on
this matter.
What I am trying to do is to play Mpeg2 and Mpeg4 transport streams embedded
into a graphics surface in a Qt application.
This works very well for most video formats using QtGstreamer and playbin2,
but not for mpeg.
Trying to play such a stream using play bin on the i.MX6 device returns the
following error output:

root at nitrogen6x:~# gst-launch playbin2 uri=http://0.0.0.0:4242/bynumber/1
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Pipeline is PREROLLING ...
Aiur: 3.0.9  0%
Core: BLN_MAD-MMLAYER_MPG2PARSER_04.04.16  build on Aug 29 2013 05:34:52
  mime: video/mpeg, mpegversion=(int)[1,2]; video/mpegts, systemstream=true;
video/x-cdxa
  file: /usr/lib/imx-mm/parser/lib_mpg2_parser_arm11_elinux.so.3.1
Content Info:
	URI:
	      http://0.0.0.0:4242/bynumber/1
	Seekable  : No
	Size(byte): -1

Mpeg2CreateParser:parser created successfully
ERROR: from element
/GstPlayBin2:playbin20/GstURIDecodeBin:uridecodebin0/GstDecodeBin2:decodebin20/GstAiurDemux:aiurdemux0:
GStreamer encountered a general stream error.
Additional debug info:
aiurdemux.c(4393): aiurdemux_push_task ():
/GstPlayBin2:playbin20/GstURIDecodeBin:uridecodebin0/GstDecodeBin2:decodebin20/GstAiurDemux:aiurdemux0:
streaming stopped, reason error
ERROR: pipeline doesn't want to preroll.
Setting pipeline to NULL ...
[--->FINALIZE aiurdemux
Freeing pipeline ...

The same stream works great using this pipeline:
gst-launch souphttpsrc location=http://0.0.0.0:4242/bynumber/1 ! tsdemux !
queue ! vpudec ! mpegvideoparse ! queue ! mfw_v4lsink

Why does playbin2 fail to play the specified file?
Both vpudec and mpegvideoparse have a rank of PRIMARY +1

Thanks