libav changes in 1.2.1

RajuB raju.babannavar at gmail.com
Tue Dec 24 04:06:08 PST 2013

I was stuck with my audio transcode pipeline in 1.2.1 version. When I
trackback the issue, found that the issue is with audio format in audio
decoder. libav in 1.0.8 version was giving format as S16LE and now the
latest version(1.2.1)is giving format=F32LE for the same input!! I couldn't
find any details about these capability changes in libav release notes. In
1.2.1 version most of the audio decoders supports only F32LE format only. Is
this approach taken to save multiple audio format conversions?? Please can
anybody help me understand here. Thanks in advance.