Regarding video stream receive

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Sat Dec 28 04:03:09 PST 2013

On Fr, 2013-12-27 at 02:21 -0800, Shilpa Chandrappa wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I need to implement an application where I have an API which takes character
> buffer as input and performs some operation. I need to feed the rtsp video
> streams coming from IP Camera through  gstreamer to the API continuosly. API
> accepts only character buffer as input.
>
> Set up
>
> IP Camera  ->  GSTREAMER  ->  API
> Pipelines used:rtspsrc , rtph264depay.
>
> Give me some idea how to achieve this ?

What kind of "character buffer"? h264 data? Raw video data? In both
cases, which formats exactly?

Take a look at the appsink plugin, it provides a way for your
application to receive the buffers from GStreamer and then do whatever
you want with them. Like passing the contained data to some other API.

Expertise, Straight from the Source