A few issues with gstreamer

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Sun Dec 29 00:40:49 PST 2013

On Sa, 2013-12-28 at 17:39 +0000, Pedro Côrte-Real wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 28, 2013 at 1:19 PM, Pedro Côrte-Real <pedro at pedrocr.net> wrote:
> > On Sat, Dec 28, 2013 at 11:34 AM, Sebastian Dröge
> >> That's something you should report to the maintainers of this PPA.
> >
> > I assumed they were on this list. I'll track down a contact for that.
>
> I guess you were joking, since you are listed as the owner of the PPA... :)
>
> https://launchpad.net/~gstreamer-developers

Oh, I'm indeed listed as owner of this nowadays. I helped with the PPA a
few years ago, but I'm not running Ubuntu since even longer, so at some
point I stopped working on that as it became more and more complicated.
Mostly because Ubuntu changes the packaging (as compared to Debian,
where I maintain the packages) and contents of the plugin modules (as
compared to the modules in GIT). It's better done by someone who
actually runs Ubuntu can can detect any mistakes :)

The latest updates to 1.2.1 were done by Rico Tzschichholz as you can
see on https://launchpad.net/~gstreamer-developers/+archive/ppa

As you can also see there some packages (especially good and bad for
some Ubuntu versions) failed to build and need to be fixed there. Best
would be to write to Rico about that, but he's probably aware of that
already.

Expertise, Straight from the Source