Strange issue with pipeline

Andrey Utkin andrey.krieger.utkin at gmail.com
Sun Dec 29 09:50:53 PST 2013

2013/12/29 Pedro Côrte-Real <pedro at pedrocr.net>:
> I'm still working on the disk saving from rtsp source pipeline. The
> latest version actually works based on uridecodebin as a source. The
> autoplug signal stuff is very cool, a single callback of a single line
> of code sets up "autoplug until you have a parsed h264 stream". I have
> two questions and an issue I'd appreciate some help with:
>
> 1) Question: Is there a way to specify caps of "parsed video stream in
> any format"? Currently I'm doing:
>
> gst_caps_is_subset(caps, gst_caps_from_string ("video/x-h264, parsed=true"));
>
> Changing that to "video, parsed=true" doesn't seem to work properly.

Does your source provide really parsed stream, with property
"parsed=true" set? If it is not parsed, then you need to insert parser
element or autoconvert element configured appropriately (with
factories property set to a set of parsing-capable element factories).

> 3) Issue: My pipeline stops writing completely sometimes with no error
> message and while continuing to spend CPU

Do you check output generated by env variable GST_DEBUG=something (try
3 or higher values)?
You can also dump pipeline diagram and check elements states and connections.

--
Andrey Utkin