Trouble getting fully valid files with matroskamux

Todd Agulnick todd at agulnick.com
Tue Dec 31 09:51:57 PST 2013

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that you're now seeing with
matroskamux the same problem that I was experiencing with mp4mux. We both
need to send an EOS through the muxer to get it to "finalize" the file,
which I gather means tacking on the metadata required for the file to be
correct.

I'm not using matroska myself, but I seem to remember seeing that for
matroskamux you can set "streaming=true" to avoid the need to finalize the
file. But I'm sure there's some downside to doing that (increased file
size?), otherwise what would be the point of "streaming=false"?