Issues doing an uninstalled setup

Pedro Côrte-Real pedro at pedrocr.net
Tue Dec 31 12:58:00 PST 2013

On Tue, Dec 31, 2013 at 8:37 PM, Tim Müller <tim at centricular.com> wrote:
> Are you absolutely sure you didn't at some point build things in gst/1.2
> while being in the gst-master environment, e.g. through doing cd
> ~/gst/1.2/ ?

Chances are I did create-uninstalled-setup.sh to create the "1.2"
folder and then "cd 1.2" instead of "./gst-1.2". And I probably did
this within a gst-master environment. Just a guess though.

> Could you do 'git clean -x -d -f' in 1.2/gstreamer and
> 1.2/gst-plugins-base and then manually run ./autogen.sh + make in those
> and then check again?

I've just wiped out the 1.2 install completely and recreated it while
making sure I was using the correct environment. It's compiling now,
I'll see what happens then.

> create-uninstalled-setup.sh just takes care of the git checkout, I don't
> see how it could have anything to do with this. But you can safely
> remove the '$REF' in 'git clone $REF' and then try again.

It was probably the gst-master error. We'll see.

Pedro