Emulating behavior of gst-launch -e in gst program

Krzysztof Konopko krzysztof.konopko at youview.com
Mon Feb 4 02:44:42 PST 2013

On 02/02/13 23:39, Tim-Philipp Müller wrote:
> On Sat, 2013-02-02 at 16:58 +0000, Krzysztof Konopko wrote:
>
>> I think that gst-launch doesn't take the best approach to signal
>> handling.  Use signalfd instead [1]. An example might be useful [2].
>>
>> You get a file descriptor which you can watch it with g_io_add_watch()
>> [3].
>
> Yes, that would indeed be better. However, we'll probably have to keep
> the old code for compatibility reasons anyway. Feel free to make a
> patch :)
>
> Cheers
>  -Tim

Oh yes, I'd like to grapple with it, although signalfd() is not directly
available in all libc implementations, e. g. some uClibc versions do not
provide it so need to make a syscall directly (need to roll out
autotools/preprocessor machinery to cater for this).

Also for SIGSEGV (and probably SIGBUS) still need to use the classic
approach (these are some of which signals where originally designed for).

So need to give it a bit of thinking in case of gst-launch. In user apps
it seems to be of less hassle.

Cheers,
Kris