More than three daemons?

hobbesc7 hobbesc7 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 12:20:52 PST 2013

I'm now debugging this from the command line; it seems the same problem
happens here.

On my client PC I run:

gst-launch -v udpsrc port=5011 ! decodebin2 ! xvimagesink sync=false &
gst-launch -v udpsrc port=5012 ! decodebin2 ! xvimagesink sync=false &
gst-launch -v udpsrc port=5013 ! decodebin2 ! xvimagesink sync=false &

On my embedded system I run:

gst-launch -v filesrc location=/dev/video8 ! video/x-h264 ! filesink
location=camera1.h264 &
gst-launch -v filesrc location=/dev/video11 ! video/x-h264 ! filesink
location=camera2.h264 &
gst-launch -v filesrc location=/dev/video14 ! video/x-h264 ! filesink
location=camera3.h264 &

gst-launch -v filesrc location=/dev/video7 ! video/x-h264 ! udpsink
host=192.168.0.120 port=5011 &
gst-launch -v filesrc location=/dev/video10 ! video/x-h264 ! udpsink
host=192.168.0.120 port=5012 &
gst-launch -v filesrc location=/dev/video13 ! video/x-h264 ! udpsink
host=192.168.0.120 port=5013 &

Where /dev/video7 and 8 are on one usb codec, 10 and 11 on the second usb
codec, and 13 and 14 on the third.  All three codecs are plugged into a
powered usb hub.

I see three video streams pop up on the PC, but the second and third ones
lock up after 1-2 seconds of streaming.  The filesinks all keep running,
with the files being valid when I play them.  The first video stream
continues OK.

In my process list I see six instances of the codec driver, one for each
capture node.  When the second and third streams lock up, the cpu usage of
two of the driver instances goes to zero.

If I run all this on the client PC (streaming to localhost) it all works OK.

I'm not sure if the problem is the driver, system limits, the kernel, or
gstreamer, all of which are differ between the embedded system and the PC.