question about caps filters

Chuck Crisler ccrisler at mutualink.net
Tue Feb 5 13:15:53 PST 2013

I am working to extend the v4l2src element to work with a Sensoray hardware
encoder. I now have the v4l2src element recognizing the H264 capability of
the card. The next problem is negotiating between the v4l2src and
rtph264pay or mpegtsmux (sorry, I am stuck with the antiquated 0.10.xx code
- which actually works quite well). If I specify the command as: gst-launch
v4l2src ! 'video/x-raw-yuv, format=(fourcc)H264' ! rtph264pay pt=96 ! ...
it fails linking the v4l2src (actually the capsfilter src pad) and
rtph264pay. I think that this is a caps issue. The rtp payloader wants
video/x-h264 as input. How do I specify the caps to make all of the
elements link?

Thank you in advance,
Chuck