feeding images to imagefreeze

Brian McKeon brian.dev.address at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 04:25:18 PST 2013

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone with more experience can point me in the right direction.

I'm trying to push jpeg images into a gstreamer pipeline. When an image
gets put into the pipeline, I want it to stream that image until I
signal the pipeline to pull the next image, and so on.

My python code copies each image into a gstbuffer and pushes that into
an appsrc element. The appsrc element then feeds into a decoder and then
into an imagefreeze element.

It works fine, except that I can't make the imagefreeze element pull
additional buffers from appsrc.

As soon as it has one buffer, it doesn't pull any others. The buffers
just queue up in the appsrc element with nowhere to go.

Ideally I'd like to be able to send a signal to imagefreeze to tell it
when to pull the next image buffer from appsrc. But I haven't been able
to find anyway of accomplishing this.

It occurred to me that maybe imagefreeze wasn't designed for this
purpose and that I may need to go into the source code and add this
feature myself.

But I first wanted to check with everyone to see if there's an easier
way of accomplishing this.

All ideas are welcome! :)

Thanks so much!

Brian