feeding images to imagefreeze

Brian McKeon brian.dev.address at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 06:15:20 PST 2013

Hi Tim,

My pipeline is very basic at the moment because I wanted to start with a
proof of concept.

It looks like:

appsrc ! decodebin ! imagefreeze ! autovideosink

And let me restate my goal to try to add clarity:

My code is sent a jpeg image every so often. (i.e. the input isn't
continuous. New images can arrive at any time.)

I need to take this single image and create a continuous output stream
with it. Very much like what imagefreeze does.

This approach is currently working, but only for the very first image I
receive.

Every image after that gets enqueued into the appsrc element, but those
buffers never get pulled into the output stream. So the output just
keeps showing the first image.

I was really hoping there was a simple way to trigger the imagefreeze
element to tell it to pull the next buffer from appsrc.

Hopefully that makes more sense. But if not, please let me know and I'll
provide more info.

Thanks!
Brian