Resuming rtsp stream on receiving EOS signal on message bus using re-connection timer

enthusiastic geek enthusiasticgeek at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 15:21:53 PST 2013

Yes that is correct. I shut down rtsp server which is on a different node,
not the src element. I am not using pad blocking or valves on the pipeline
itself.

If you look in the message bus event handler, I tried doing per your
suggestion when I receive EOS with now commented (this
"this->stopStream(index);" was un-commented before)
 this->stopStream(index);
 You think I should not quit main loop while in NULL state in EOS. Right?

In the timer callback, on timeout I try to resume playing
 this->playStream(index);

but I get "Error: Could not read from resource." when clearly the resource
is present.

I receive an event as EOS so I tried the above

Wouldn't setting the pipeline to NULL release all resources? Will this
effect pipeline such that I receive an error. Do I have to reinitialize
pipeline with all bins (which I think I should)?