Gst-Openmax and Raspberry Pi

Siber marchenkovadim at mail.ru
Sat Feb 9 03:20:15 PST 2013

Hello everybody,
I'm using Raspberry Pi with Wheezy.

As I understood, to enable utilization of GPU for decoding I need to use
gst-openmax.
Seems, I managed to install gst-openmax, but it's mentioned in tutorial (
Gst-Openmax <http://freedesktop.org/wiki/GstOpenMAX>  ) that I need to
install also Bellagio OpenMAX IL implementation. And here I have troubles.
I'm trying to install version Bellagio 0.9.1 from here: Bellagio 0.9.1
<http://sourceforge.net/projects/omxil/files/omxil/Bellagio%200.9.1/>

So being in directory with Bellagio source, I'm doing following:
./configure --prefix="$HOME/omx"
make
make install

After replacing PIX_FMT_RGBA32 with PIX_FMT_RGB32, it compiles, but when I'm
trying to register bellagio components with command
$HOME/omx/bin/omxregister-bellagio -v, I see that video decoder is not
registered and the following error message appears:
/home/pi/omx/lib/bellagio/libomxffmpeg.so : undefined symbol:
avcodec_decode_video

I have libavcodec-dev installed on my RasPi, can somebody explain me, what
am I doing wrong and how to solve the problem?