Current status of GStreamer on Raspberry Pi

Alexey Chernov 4ernov at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 13:15:55 PST 2013

В письме от 09 фев 2013 11:39:20 Вы написали:
> > Sorry, I didn't mean it's unofficial. The question was about including to
> > 'traditional' packages as they seem to have more attention from repository
> > maintainers, better documentation and look more matured. Also, gst-omx is
> > somehow surprisingly absent on this page:
> > http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/modules/
> > and on the ftp while gst-openmax is there.
>
> It should be added there. I was waiting for a first gst-omx release
> before changing things around on the web site. I *think* getting it
> working on the pi was the main blocker for the release, so it should
> hopefully be possible to make one soon and get this sorted.

Thanks for clarification. So, can master branch be used on the RPi? I see a lot
of fixes addressed Pi issues in commit log but it's unknown whether one should
prefer raspberry or master branch. I guess that raspberry is there for 0.10
compatibility and master is ready for RPi with GStreamer-1.0.

I also have a question on gst-omx module, would appreciate if you could give
some hint on that. It's about OpenMAX sink implementation using tunneling
and/or 'video_render'-like OpenMAX module. Is there any technical issues or
serious difficulties in their implementation or it's a question of concept and
resources? I consider implementing something like these elements, RPi examples
don't look too difficult, but can't estimate well whether I'm able to do it by
myself.