Adding buffer probe from within event probe callback

Krzysztof Konopko krzysztof.konopko at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 09:38:39 PST 2013

Ehlo good people,

In my app I need to take some action before sending first buffer in a new
segment.  To achieve this I tried the following:

- add an event probe on a sink pad in my custom sink element
- in an event probe callback find out if it's a segment event and add a
buffer probe on the sink pad
- in the buffer probe callback do my stuff and return GST_PAD_PROBE_REMOVE

This unfortunately generates some spurious segment event duplicates once I
try to add another probe within the first probe callback.

The question is whether probes are "reentrant"--can I add a probe from
another probe callback?

Is this approach OK or maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree?

I'm happy to investigate further if I'm not totally mistaken.  I've got an
alternative approach that works but the one above seems to me more elegant
(if not completely wrong).

Thanks,
Kris