How is a video frame rate calculated in a transport stream?

Baby Octopus jagadishkamathk at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 00:10:41 PST 2013

Marc,

I'm getting 0 fps(frame-rate=0/1). And, the output of decodebin is going to
x264enc element and I see that frame-rate is coming as zero. I'm not using
any videosink to measure FPS.

My concern is that if the x264 encoder does not get a actual frame rate, the
out video bitrate will have issues, which is what I'm trying to fix now

*So all I want to know is, in the complete pipeline involving video demuxing
and decoding, whose responsibility it is to compute video framerate?*

~BO