Push Multiple Buffers Out of GstBaseSrc Create Method

johnwesting john.blank.westing at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 13:46:54 PST 2013

Is it possible to push out multiple buffers from the create() method of
GstBaseSrc? I tried gst_pad_push() within the function but it didn't work. I
am receiving packets of data asynchronously and buffering the packets in a
queue of GstBuffers. I want to push out one packet at a time (the receiving
element doesn't know how to parse multiple packets, only one at a time). For
some reason the create() method doesn't run fast enough to get the buffers
out, i.e. the size of the queue is always increasing. Passing multiple
buffers out of the create() method would solve the problem.