gstreamer logs

Raju raju.babannavar at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 06:14:08 PST 2013

Hi,
I am trying to understanding gstreamer log and debugging system. I found the
following definitions in gstinfo.h file. Can anybody help me understand
these things?

GST_CAT_ERROR_OBJECT
GST_CAT_ERROR
GST_ERROR_OBJECT
GST_ERROR

-> What is the difference between the above 4 definitions.?
-> How can I make use of these definitions in my plugin?
-> how can I use these definitions to dump log details?
-> which among the 4 definitions is more useful to handle a transcoder
pipeline ?

regards
Raju Babannavar