Bufferprobe udpsrc - port dows not match any defined one

Wes Miller wmiller at sdr.com
Tue Feb 19 10:14:14 PST 2013

I compiled a C++ gst_parse_launch() version of the examples for 1.0 rtpbin
modifying them to run on 0.10 (needs to run in windows and linux).  Works
great.

Now, what I really want to do is wait for a message to arrive at the
(receiver) udpsrc, pick the sender's IP and port out of the data I get from
a buffer probe on udpsrc then build a sender pipeline to talk back to
whomever.

So I added the buffer probe to the (receiver) udpsrc src pad.  Also works
great.  My callback gets called as expected.

Then I ran into a snag.  I seem to be getting messages from my expected
sender (10.253.5.239 - just sending audio continuously) and from 127.0.0.1.
After adding some debug printf's I see .5.239's data arriving and also see
when 127.0.0.1's data arrives.  I also get their port numbers and that's
where the question comes from.

The ports returned (for either address) by gst_netaddress_get_ip4_address()
and by gst_netaddress_to_string() match each other but do not match either
of the ports I specified in my original pipeline (502, 5003, 5004 similar to
the original example) nor do the ports from the two addresses match.

So, simply, why?  Are the ports specified to udpsrc and udpsink get
translated to some other form?  Are they really "request ports" that assign
working ports for the stream to use (like tcp does)?

Thanks,

Wes